JCO delivers extensive experience and success in the environmental management of properties that have been designated as brownfield sites. For more than a decade we have helped clients and communities return previously under-utilized properties to the tax base, while revitalizing urban areas.
Each of our clients benefit from our ability to effectively:
- identify redevelopment strategies for contaminated properties including planning for alternative future uses, mitigation of risks through development design, and use of environmental insurance
- analyze and identify surface and subsurface contaminants
- identify and implement cost-effective, flexible remediation plans
- facilitate local, state and federal permitting, and
- coordinate and communicate with the various stakeholders.
Our systematic, scientific approach mirrors the EPA-endorsed Triad approach, incorporating cost-saving methods of on-site, real-time analysis of site samples.
We achieve success by:
- identifying risks associated with desired future property uses
- addressing risks through redevelopment design, institutional controls, or focused remediation
- reducing the uncertainty of future environmental liability, and
- communicating appropriate environmental information to help clients make informed financial decisions about redevelopment